May 16, 2011

TERRY BURRUS feat. Phyllis Hyman – “My heart goes out to you”







A lost treasure for all Soul aficionados seeking mellow obscurities. A superb collaboration between talented keyboardist Terry Burrus and the incomparable Phyllis Hyman. Rediscover the regal beauty and vocal sophistication of the late Phyllis Hyman, rarely seen in today’s music industry. Note: The male vocalist on this duet is named Kevin Shell. This song was recorded in the late '80s.

Download file below (320 kbps)Total time 4:52
http://www.mediafire.com/?sugsnrrofrm7bql

8 comments:

Leroy said...

OMG !!! I thought I had everything from Phyllis. You made my day. Many thanks for this excellent find.

Soulful said...

Thank you Nicolas. Anything by Phyllis is worth listening to, and I was not aware of this song before.

Anonymous said...

A historic moment in Modern Soul scene!!! I've been a Radio DJ for 30 years in the States but never knew anything about this wonderful gem. Hats off to you Nicolas.

Kosta said...

this track is from 2003 album
"Jazz Commissioners"
for Blue Corner Records

Nicolas Drosos said...

Kosta, that's true. Since Phyllis passed away in 1995, she might recorded this tune with Terry around early 90s. Thanks for your comment.

Anonymous said...

Great track, great, great, great, but what are it's origins and year please. Many thanks

Tootie H said...

Oh my goodness. What a beautiful track, nicely done. Have never heard it before. You are tooo much Nicolas.

SOULLAKIS said...

This is just brilliant !!!
It's one of those tunes I want everyone to hear, but I want no-one else to have.... It's a low-slung killer!!! Great find !!!